[Coral-List] Palau`s UN ambassador error on parrotfish

Steve Mussman sealab at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 24 08:17:38 EDT 2010

Steve,
  Sorry that you believe that any of the recent divergent discussions
on coral list are somehow linked to the misrepresentation of the role
of parrot fish in the reef ecosystem. Ironically, the main point that
much of this discourse is attempting to emphasize is the need for the
marine sciences to be more effectively communicative.

I certainly understand the need for focus on the hard science, but
somehow, as you point out it's import has to be (accurately) articulated
and transformed into policy action if the reef systems are to be ultimately conserved.

   Regards,
    Steve Mussman