[Coral-List] Fw: [coralreef-freeforall] Oil & Gas Industries Spent Record $175 Million Lobbying Against Climate Action

Douglas Fenner dfenner at blueskynet.as
Tue Sep 28 16:57:27 EDT 2010

I'd like to alert coral-listers of an interesting post on the coralreef freeforall list.  It points out that big oil and gas corporations have spent 175 million dollars to lobby Congress against adopting legislation to do something about climate change.  During the same period, environmental groups spent $22 million trying to get Congress to pass such legislation.  Anyone wonder why Congress hasn't acted?  Follow the money.

    I'd also like to point out that on the freeforall list you are free to post messages advocating things, including lobbying Congress.  A couple such messages have been posted.  So far, I haven't seen a single message that is in any way unpolite.  I invite others to take a look at the messages, you don't have to be a member to read the messages, only to post.  URL's below.    Doug

Doug,
Yes, people can see and read the messages without being members of the listserve if they go to this page http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/coralreef-freeforall/messages.  Of course, everyone can also see the posts here -- http://coralpolitics.blogspot.com/

Ed Blume