[Coral-List] Coral-List guidelines, Coral Reef Curmudgeons list

Jim Hendee jim.hendee at noaa.gov
Thu Sep 30 07:36:50 EDT 2010

 Greetings,

Coral-List is funded by NOAA's Coral Reef Conservation Program (CRCP)
and therefore adopts and is guided by its strategy for coral reef
conservation. For more information, please see:

http://www.coralreef.noaa.gov

If we (the moderators of Coral-List) feel a post is not in the direct
interest or furtherance of coral reef conservation, or does not adhere
to the guidelines for posting, or is in any way contrary to the original
intent (or even "spirit," if you will) of the list, we will reject the
post or suggest the "Coral Reef Free-for-All" (aka Coral Reef
Curmudgeons) list at,

You will please note this leaves room for the moderators' judgment.
This list has no statutory drivers or mandates--it is merely a courtesy
to the coral reef conservation community provided through the CRCP.  We
try our best to be even-handed in moderating the list.  Basically, the
guidelines are:  be nice, and keep on topic.  (We realize "topic" varies
widely on this list.)

The somewhat newly written guidelines for Coral-List are here: