[Coral-List] job posting

Walt Smith walt at waltsmith.com
Tue Apr 12 07:12:04 EDT 2011

Dear listers,

I have recently been notified that my aquaculture manager in Fiji wishes to return to the USA as their children are getting older and need more schooling. I will need to replace him soon and was hoping someone on the list might like to apply for a position available in my aquaculture endeavors in Fiji. The applicant must have a pretty thorough knowledge of various coral species (especially Acropora) and be willing to work for a commercial enterprise.
As you might know I have pioneered coral farming on a commercial scale since 1998 and introduced man made cultured live rock a year later. My current aquaculture manager will be leaving Fiji soon after fulfilling 4 years and I will be needing a suitable replacement for him. House (with pool and view) and vehicle are provided along with all that Fiji has to offer.
We have worked with many students from the University of the South Pacific over the years and some were actually able to use the experience gained towards their MA. This position would require full time work load and the commitment to live in Fiji for at least two years under contract.
My personal contact would be best to use walt at waltsmith.com

This will probably be a long process as there are many things to consider from both sides.

Thank you,

Walt Smith

Walt Smith International Fiji Ltd
(mailing address)