[Coral-List] Subject: how to avoid mucus impact in zooxanthellae counter

wsw at scsio.ac.cn wsw at scsio.ac.cn
Mon Apr 18 23:38:52 EDT 2011

Subject: how to avoid mucus impact in zooxanthellae counter
I am a newbird in coral reef research. I meet some problem to need your help. when I count the number of zooxanthellae in galaxea genus, I observe a lot of mucus float in beaker(using dental waterpik wash sureface of coral). These mucus disturb the zooxanthellae counter and interference the fellow molecular experiment. Can you give me some advise to avoid mucus product in the test?