[Coral-List] 34th IGC - Symposium Reefs and Climate Change

Gilbert Camoin camoin at cerege.fr
Wed Aug 10 03:03:46 EDT 2011

34th International Geological Congress - Call for papers

5-10 August 2012, Brisbane, Australia

Theme 24. Reefs and Carbonates.

Coordinators: Gregory E. WEBB (Australia) and Noel P. JAMES (Canada)

Symposia

 24.1 Reefs and climate change, including « Reefs and sea-level change, a Tribute to John Chappell »

Conveners :

Gilbert CAMOIN, CEREGE, Aix-en-Provence, France (gcamoin at cerege.fr)

Bradley OPDYKE, ANU, Canberra, Australia (Bradley.Opdyke at anu.edu.au)

Coral reefs are valuable recorders of past sea level, climatic and environmental changes and are sensitive to subtle ecological changes affecting their environment.

Modern coral reefs provide integrated sequential records of sea-level along with quantitative palaeoclimatic and palaeoceanographic data within the geochemistry of sediments and skeletons of reef-builders. We invite submissions that: 1) showcase the use of modern reef studies to inform our understanding of Quaternary climate; 2) document new case studies of climate effects preserved in reef carbonates; and 3) introduce new techniques for investigating the effects of climate change on reefs.

The contributions related to reef records of sea-level change will be integrated in a subsession in honor of John Chappell and entitled « Reefs and sea-level change, a Tribute to John Chappell ».

The abstract submission is now open and closes on 17 February 2012.

The full list of IGC 2012 Themes and Symposia are now available on the 34th IGC 2012 conference website (http://www.34igc.org).

<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>
Dr. Gilbert CAMOIN
CEREGE UMR 6635 CNRS
Europôle Méditerranéen de l'Arbois
BP 80
F-13545 Aix-en-Provence cedex 4
ph : +33-4-42-97-15-14
fax : +33-4-42-97-15-40
cell phone : +33-6-88-12-08-95
email : gcamoin at cerege.fr
skype : gcamoin

NEW :
Job Offer : http://www.earthworks-jobs.com/geoscience/ecord11061.html
http://www.ecord.org/vac/vacancies.html.

ICRS 2012 Session : Reef response to sea-level and environmental changes
http://www.icrs2012.com/Prog-Symposium.htm#1