[Coral-List] Data on Reproduction of Acropora formosa

Andreas Kubicek akubicek at zmt-bremen.de
Wed Aug 17 06:47:54 EDT 2011

Dear Coral Listers,

for my PhD thesis I am trying to find data on reproduction of Acropora
formosa and at best for the Western Indian Ocean - which might be nearly
impossible.

After an intensive internet search (including ReefBase, Web of Science)
I did not find any specific numbers on reproductive output (in terms of
eggs/sperm) in relation to colony size/volume.

For other species I am interested in (Pocillopora damicornis, Porites
lutea and Porites lobota) I already found good data, but there seems to
be nothing around for Acropora formosa.

I hope that anyone can give me some advise where I can find out some more..

Cheers,
Andreas

--
Andreas Kubicek
Dept. Ecological Modelling
akubicek at zmt-bremen.de
Leibniz-Zentrum für Marine Tropenökologie (ZMT) GmbH
Fahrenheitstraße 6
28359 Bremen
Tel. +49(0)421 238 00-0
Fax +49(0)421 238 00-30
www.zmt-bremen.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bremen, Deutschland
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Bremen
Handelsregister Nr. HRB 25746 HB; Steuer-Nr. 71/607/12036; USt.-IdNr. DE 266278207
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Dr. Walter Dörhage
Geschäftsführerin: Prof. Dr. Hildegard Westphal