[Coral-List] ClimExWin: A program to search and extract GHCN data

David M. Lawrence dave at fuzzo.com
Fri Aug 19 16:34:50 EDT 2011

Dear all,

I have finished updating my ancient program ClimExWin and can use some
beta testers from among you who need to extract data from the Global
Historical Climatology Network (GHCN) databases.

I translated my original Fortran code to Free Pascal, using the Lazarus
IDE to produce a fully functioning Windows program.  The new version is
native to the Windows 64-bit environment, but I have also compiled a
version that should work in a Windows 32-bit environment.

In addition to translating and updating the code, I added the ability to
search and extract GHCN3 data.  GHCN3, which replaces GHCN2 (at least
for temperature data right now), was officially released in May, I believe.

The link to the program (both versions) and related help documentation
is http://fuzzo.com/ghcn/

If you try it, let me know if you have any problems or if you have
features you'd like me to add.

Later,

Dave

  David M. Lawrence        | Home:  (804) 559-9786
  7471 Brook Way Court     | Fax:   (804) 559-9787
  Mechanicsville, VA 23111 | Email: dave at fuzzo.com
  USA                      | http:  http://fuzzo.com

"All drains lead to the ocean."  -- Gill, Finding Nemo

"We have met the enemy and he is us."  -- Pogo

"No trespassing
  4/17 of a haiku"  --  Richard Brautigan