[Coral-List] Sustainable Tourism!?

Alessio Rovere alessiorovere at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 6 09:26:19 EST 2011

Hello, everyone.

Speaking about diving tourism, can I suggest a work of mine on "marine natural heritage and accessibility" which could be of interest?

Rovere, A., Parravicini, V., Firpo, M., Morri, C. and Nike Bianchi, C. (2011), Combining geomorphologic, biological and accessibility values for marine natural heritage evaluation and conservation. Aquatic Conservation: Marine and Freshwater Ecosystems, 21: 541–552. doi: 10.1002/aqc.1214

In particular, don't you agree that deep or difficultly accessible sites can benefit a sort of "self-protection" from diving tourism?

Best,
Ale

Alessio Rovere
PhD in Marine Environmental Sciences
Università degli Studi di Genova

SEAMap srl - Environmental Consultancy
Spin off dell'Università degli Studi di Genova
Via Greto di Cornigliano 6R, 16152, Genova
P.I. / C.F. 01995970991

Tel: +39 3803447800
Skype: alessio.rovere
Mail: alessiorovere at seamap.it (Work)
          alessiorovere at hotmail.com (Personal)

www.seamap.it
GEco - Geospatial Ecological Modelling
selected by "Italia degli Innovatori 2011"
(Italian Agency for Innovation)
http://www.seamap.it/?page_id=292

This e-mail message, including any attachments, is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and/or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the communication to the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by replying to this message and then delete this message from your system. You are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution and/or reproduction of this message and/or any attachments by unintended recipients is unauthorized and may be unlawful. Furthermore, although we have taken precautions to minimize the risk of transmitting software viruses, we advise you to perform your own virus checks on any attachment to this message. We do not accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software viruses.