[Coral-List] Opinion poll on bleaching

Alan.e.strong alan.e.strong at noaa.gov
Thu Dec 8 08:32:22 EST 2011

"Future" time-frame??

1] tomorrow
2] next year
3] next decade
4] next century

??

AES

On 12/8/2011 7:13 AM, martin pecheux wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> This is an opinion poll among reef researchers on our "best guess" of the future impact of bleaching. Some of you may remember the same two polls in June 2000 and October 2004, before ICRS. Just REply>  by your choice number (commentaries not excluded). Would you say that Coral Reef Mass Bleaching will be :
>
> 0/ a benefit to coral reefs
>
> 1/ of no overall effects, or balanced negative and positive influences
>
> 2/ worrisome
>
> 3/ seriously damaging
>
> 4/ catastrophic
>
> 5/ almost or total disappearance of reefs
>
>   Results in 15 days, with previous ones.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dr. Martin Pecheux
>
> Institut des Foraminifères Symbiotiques
>
> 16, rue de la Fontaine de l'Espérance
>
> 92160 Antony, France
>
> martin.pecheux at free.fr
>
> www.martin-pecheux.fr
>
> +33 9 5324 3374

****<><  *******<><  *******<><  *******<><  *******
Alan E. Strong, Ph.D.
NOAA Coral Reef Watch, Consultant
Strong Research, Inc.&  IMSG
NOAA Coral Reef Watch Program
  e-mail: Alan.E.Strong at noaa.gov
url: coralreefwatch.noaa.gov

E/RA31, SSMC1, Room 5311      WWB, Room 601-8
1335 East West Hwy            5200 Auth Rd
Silver Spring, MD 20910-3226  Camp Springs, MD
301-713-2857 x108             301-763-8102
            Fax: 301-713-3136
Cell: 410-490-6602