[Coral-List] 360 Transition & New Contact Info

Defley, Mark - MongMong, GU Mark.Defley at pb.usda.gov
Wed Dec 28 19:10:32 EST 2011

Hafa Adai & Tirow,

As many of you know, due to congressional budget cuts, my position as Marianas Resource Conservation and Development (RC&D) Coordinator ended this year. In the previous year, the Marianas RC&D Council succeeded in raising over $200,000 in grants and in-kind contributions for 16 different projects in the CNMI and Guam.

The Marianas RC&D Council continues to operate as a community-based non-profit unaffiliated with NRCS. Please continue to take advantage of their tremendous flexibility and partner with them to accomplish your projects and grants. In Guam contact Peggy Denney, President (671-483-9415, pegqcp1 at yahoo.com<mailto:pegqcp1 at yahoo.com>). In the CNMI contact Tina Sablan, Vice President (670- 285-3935, tinasablan at gmail.com<mailto:tinasablan at gmail.com>).

I have accepted the Resource Conservationist position for the USDA/NRCS in Palau. I am sad to leave after nine years in the Marianas with the many wonderful partners here. But I am excited to continue my service in Micronesia for the people and islands of Palau.

My email will remain the same. Please keep me on your email lists so that we may continue to share our ideas, successes, and challenges.

Please also assist my transition and effectiveness by sharing and introducing your Palau contacts. Let's continue to build bridges to conservation, islander to islander and island to island.

Olomwaay & Si Yu'os Ma'ase to you all!

Mark

Mark Defley
Resource Conservationist
USDA/Natural Resources Conservation Service
Pacific Islands Area West Area Office
Mongmong, Guam
(671) 300-8585

New Contact Information: