[Coral-List] Waste water treatment 'emergency' solution

Lee Goldman coralfarmguam at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 16 21:00:39 EST 2011

Hi Virginie,

A short term but fairly expensive solution is to purchase 'Poo Powder'(formally Phillips Environmental now Clean Waste at www.Gocleanwaste.com). It is a powder that is applied directly to waste material, both solid and liquid, that essentially acts as a decay catalyst and odor eliminator. We use it for our camping tours (that we conduct in Bacuit Bay) and have informed the local government about its uses and benefits as part of our business proposal. Given the issues that surround the problem of waste management in El Nido, this solution is accessible and can be implemented immediately. Of course, it is fairly cost-prohibitive to the majority of local 'homeowners' but perhaps there are programs available to subsidize the costs until a more permanent solution is online (think El Nido Tourism Development Fee).  Please contact me off-list if you'd like to talk about this is greater detail.

Thanks,

Lee Goldman
LJL Expeditions
S.E.Asia Kayak Tours
B6, L10 Gumamela St., Garden City 3 Paranaque, Philippines
M: +63 916 645 4614
ljlexpeditions at gmail.com
www.asiakayaktours.com