[Coral-List] Looking for divers to conduct research in Seychelles

Hal Koike hkoike at hawaii.edu
Wed Jan 19 15:22:52 EST 2011

Dear members of the coral-list,

(Please pass on this message if necessary)

We are looking for a capable volunteer diver to ID, count and measure sea
cucumber stocks in Seychelles. The project is planned for 30 days around
Mahe and Prasline islands to assess the sea cucumber stock dynamics.
Successful volunteer needs to be a certified diver with at least 30
dives.  Training
will include identification of sea cucumbers and work censusing techniques
using under water scooters. While we have limited funding we will provide
room and board. Travelling cost to and from the Seychelles, however, will
have to be absorbed by the volunteer.  This project will be an excellent
opportunity to gain underwater scientific diving skills while spending a
month on board a research vessel.  Interested individuals please respond via
email with your CV and a short note describing your interests and previous
experience to hkoike at hawaii.edu.

Best regards,

Hal Koike

--

Hal Koike

Hawaii Cooperative Fishery Research Unit

Department of Zoology

2538 McCarthy Mall, 152 Edmonson

Honolulu, HI 96822

Phone: +1 (808) 956-0446