[Coral-List] overfishing lionfish??

Debrot, Dolfi dolfi.debrot at wur.nl
Tue Jan 25 02:57:54 EST 2011

Good point Alina,

Only that in terms of basic population dynamic characteristics this fish lends itself much less well to overfishing than the big groupers and snappers which we indeed wiped out in a few decades.

Efforts to commercialize introduced mongoose and rats as human food in various parts of the world (also in the Netherlands and the Caribbean), however delicious they may be, have mustered little following and even less results.

But, its worth a try....