[Coral-List] Mutton snapper eating lionfish in Roatan (Todd Barber)

Bruno, John F jbruno at unc.edu
Tue Jan 25 12:11:15 EST 2011

Todd, I feel the need to point out the irony in your comments; you make a living littering the sea floor with cement, AKA "reef balls", in an attempt to artificially "restore" reefs, hotel beaches, etc and yet you argued "it's better to let mother nature adapt in a natural way" than to intervene and attempt local biocontrol?  You also hypothesized about some of the unintended consequences and long term-effects related to spear-fishing and science in general.  Wouldn't these views also apply to your own commercial activities? Your rant just seems a bit hypocritical to me.

JB

John Bruno
Associate Professor
UNC Chapel Hill