[Coral-List] DIVING WITH GOLIATH

Sarah Frias-Torres sfrias_torres at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 14 16:05:53 EDT 2011

Dear Coral-Listers,if you are planning to SCUBA dive in Florida between August and early November, you might encounter a goliath grouper spawning aggregation.
This is an amazing diving experience, and a rare opportunity, as Florida is the only place in the tropical western Atlantic where we can dive and find these enormous groupers on their honeymoon.
I can send a list of dive shops from which you can dive the few aggregation sites surviving today, if you need some guidance.
After diving, you can help in an important research project by answering a diver survey here (multiple dives are welcome):
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/DiveGoliath
Thank you
Sarah Frias-Torres, Ph.D. Schmidt Ocean Institute Postdoctoral FellowOcean Research & Conservation Association (ORCA) 1420 Seaway Drive, Fort Pierce, Florida 34949 USA Tel (772) 467-1600http://www.teamorca.orghttp://independent.academia.edu/SarahFriasTorres