[Coral-List] Fwd: Regarding the registration fee for 12th ICRS

Todd Barber reefball at reefball.com
Sat Jul 16 19:06:21 EDT 2011

Of course, it's not just scientific conventions that are high....all
business trade shows and similar meetings are getting pricey because
more and more they are being replace by people doing business over the
internet and travel costs are skyrocketing due to energy price
increases and increased security costs.

At some point we all need to start considering virtual meetings
(reducing our carbon footprints) using the latest technologies in some
sort of a more formal venue such as virtual posters, on line
interactive presentations etc....I know that does not take the place
of face to face interactions and friend building/networking but
consider how much information has been shared just by this
list-serve...

Just my two cents worth.

Thanks,

Todd R Barber