[Coral-List] Virtual meetings and ICRS costs

Todd Barber reefball at reefball.com
Tue Jul 26 08:43:53 EDT 2011

Since the ICRS is over a year away......why would there not be time to add a
virtual component?

It seems to me the organizers would welcome such an option (as an additional
revenue stream) since it's pretty obvious that actual attendance will be
much lower than expected.  (We opened a facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/groups/135869123163838>page to allow people to
vent off the Coral List about their attendance cancellations and within 24
hours more than 50 people signed up for the group representing over 1/6th
the total number of the Regular ICRS facebook page...so simple conservative
math would say at least 400 people from the projected attendance of 2500
won't be able to make it due to the high costs and my instincts would say
attendance will probably be much lower than even that.)

Thanks,

Todd R Barber
Chairman, Reef Ball Foundation
3305 Edwards Court
(609 PORTIA N ST, NOKOMIS, FL 34275 AFTER Aug. 5th)
Greenville, NC 27858
252-353-9094 (Direct/Office)
941-484-7482 (Home AFTER August 5th)
941-720-7549 (Cell & Goggle Voice)