[Coral-List] Post doctoral position at Biodiversity Research Centre, Academia Sinica, Taiwan

shashank Keshavmurthy iamshanky15 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 27 20:52:36 EDT 2011

Dear coral-listers

We are looking for candidates for 2 Post Doctoral Research at Coral Reef Evolutionary Ecology and Genetics lab (CREEG), Biodiversity Research Centre, Academia Sinica, Taiwan.

Successful candidates will be working with a team of researchers on the impact of environmental change to corals and coral reef ecosystem

CREEG team is involved in research concerning with various aspects of coral biology and coral communities of the West Pacific and South China Sea.  In the coming years the focus will be on aspects of environmental changes including, extreme temperature, ocean acidification, deoxygenation, and other human disturbances (overfishing) on coral reefs present along the Kuroshio region and South China Sea.  Candidates with background in marine biology, ecology, genetics, physiology, and genomics will be ideal. Recently-graduated PhD (less than 4 years with experience on non-coral taxa (such as, microbes, macro-algae, invertebrates, and fishes) and relevant research areas will be preferable. Selected  candidates will have opportunity to develop their ideas with respect to  environmental research and will have opportunity to work with various  collaborators in Taiwan, Japan, Vietnam, Korea, Malaysia, and the Philippines in the next 5 years.

 Please contact Dr.. Allen Chen - cac at gate.sinica.edu.tw or shashank at gate.sinica.edu..tw for more details.

Sincerely
Shashank

Whether our efforts are, or not, favored by life, let us be able to say, when we come near the great goal,I have done what I could - Louis Pasteur

Role of Infinitely Small in Nature is Infinitely Large - Louis Pasteur
Keshavmurthy Shashank
Post Doctoral Research Fellow, Dr. Chen's lab
Biodiversity Research Centre, Academia Sinica (BRCAS)
128 Academia Road Sec. 2, Nankang
Taipei 115 Taiwan.
My WebPage: http://web.me.com/coralresearch/shashank/Welcome.html
Lab WebPage: http://coral.biodiv.tw/Default.aspx