[Coral-List] Restoration of Fish Populations Through Hatchery Releases

Tim Hayes tim at midlandreefs.co.uk
Mon Jun 6 13:52:48 EDT 2011

Hi List,

Although I'm aware of raise and release schemes for lobsters,
horseshoe crabs, and a few species of game fishes, I was wondering if
anyone out there know of any restoration programs based around the
idea of breeding and raising marine fishes for release onto the reef
to boost local populations?

I'd be particularly interested in hearing of any such program working
with what could be considered ornamental species.

Cheers,
Tim

Tim Hayes
Midland Reefs Ltd