[Coral-List] need GPS recommendations

Todd Barber reefball at reefball.com
Tue Jun 28 10:45:22 EDT 2011

Hi Sara,

The Reef Ball Foundation volunteer teams have standardized on the Garmin
GPSmap 60CSx which is a reasonably priced waterproof hand held unit that
links easily into Google Earth.

We have not had any flood yet but we don't dive with them just snorkel.  I
often add a plastic zip lock bag to mine just as an extra safety measure and
I put a generous bit of clear grease or vasoline over the cable connection
points even though they have rubber seals too.

I have found the units to be very accurate and they boot fast too when
traveling large distances.

Thanks,

Todd R Barber
Chairman, Reef Ball Foundation