[Coral-List] Review of no-take marine reserves

Graham, Nick nick.graham at jcu.edu.au
Tue Jun 28 23:21:34 EDT 2011

Dear Coral-Listers,

Those that are working on no-take marine reserves might be interested in a newly published review paper that critically assesses all aspects of potential no-take area benefits for coral reefs from microbial communities through to social well-being. I would not normally send such a post to coral-list, however the journal (Oceanography and Marine Biology: An Annual Review) is not available electronically and given the relevance of the review topic to the many coral reef scientists and managers who may not have access to a library that stocks the journal, I thought I would offer to send re-prints to interested parties. If you would like a reprint of the article, please email me on nick.graham at jcu.edu.au<file:///C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\jc205245\Desktop\nick.graham@jcu.edu.au>

Graham NAJ, Ainsworth TD, Baird AH, Ban NC, Bay LK, Cinner JE, De Freitas DM, Diaz-Pulido G, Dornelas M, Dunn SR, Fidelman PIJ, Foret S, Good TC, Kool J, Mallela J, Penin L, Pratchett MS, Williamson DH (2011) From microbes to people: tractable benefits of no-take areas for coral reefs. Oceanography and Marine Biology: An Annual Review 49: 105-136

Best regards,

Nick Graham

Nicholas A J Graham, PhD
Senior Research Fellow (APD & SFF)
ARC Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies
James Cook University
Townsville,
QLD 4811 Australia
ph: +61 7 4781 6291