[Coral-List] image request

Nancy Knowlton nknowlton at ucsd.edu
Fri Mar 18 20:07:49 EDT 2011

John Rudolf of the New York Times has contacted me (and Mark Eakin)
about a story on the state of reefs.  He is especially looking for
paired images (before/after) taken from an airplane (or high res
satellite image) which shows the loss of reef structure over time
(e.g. reef being converted into sand).  I have one such image from a
publication by Lewis in 2002  which I have forwarded him but I am
sure there are even more dramatic ones.

If you would like to help him, you can contact him directly at
john.rudolf at nytimes.com

many thanks, nancy knowlton