[Coral-List] Obtaining cultures of dinoflagellates for experimental work

Shimrit Perkol-Finkel sperkol at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 06:17:06 EDT 2011

Greetings,

Although this is not coral-related, I would like to check whether any of you
have experience/information regarding purchasing algal cultures for
educational and experimental work. I am specifically interested in
bioluminescent strains of dinoflagellates. I found a couple of websites
selling them, including their growth medium, but so far I was unable to
finalize an order and I am not sure they are operative. Any references to
international suppliers would be most appreciated.

Sincerely,

Shimrit
--
*Shimrit Perkol-Finkel, Ph.D.*