[Coral-List] NOAA CRCP Launches Facebook, AddThis, RSS

Jon Corsiglia Jon.Corsiglia at noaa.gov
Tue Mar 29 13:30:12 EDT 2011

Several new tools are now live for expanding the reach of the NOAA Coral
Reef Conservation Program's online messages. Please take a moment to
"Like" us on Facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/NOAA-Coral-Reef-Conservation-Program/119634698094911

By using and promoting CRCP’s Facebook Page, and other Web 2.0 resources
such as RSS and AddThis, our objective is to facilitate conversations
about coral conservation. This is a priority activity toward our goal to
promote coral ecosystem stewardship by engaging the conservation public
directly through innovative online media. General information about
these tools is available at http://coralreef.noaa.gov/socialmedia/

The CRCP Facebook Page features current news from around CRCP and
provides a platform for conversation and engagement between NOAA CRCP
and external audiences. We encourage you to engage with our Page. For
Dept. of Commerce employees (this includes NOAA), please refer to and
abide by DOC's policy. Here is a link to the section relevant to using
Facebook (and all Social Media/Web 2.0 technologies) in a personal,
unofficial capacity.
http://ocio.os.doc.gov/ITPolicyandPrograms/Policy___Standards/PROD01_009476#P112_17378

The RSS Feed hosts world news about coral and features new content added
to the CRCP website. For more information about the CRCP RSS Feed, visit
http://coralreef.noaa.gov/aboutcrcp/news/rss/
The CRCP RSS Feed itself is available at
http://coralreef.noaa.gov/rss/coralreef.xml

AddThis enables visitors to the CRCP website to easily share/recommend
CRCP website content via their choice of social media networks. You will
find AddThis sharing tools at the footer of all CRCP website pages;
AddThis tools are prominently featured on all CRCP Featured Stories,
just below the headline.

We would greatly appreciate hearing your feedback.
jon.corsiglia at noaa.gov or lauren.chhay at noaa.gov

Thanks again. please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Best, Jon