[Coral-List] Acropora millepora Acropora palmata rapidly evolving genes

Christian R. Voolstra christian.voolstra at kaust.edu.sa
Thu May 26 23:17:20 EDT 2011

Hello colleagues,

we have recently completed a study on rapidly evolving genes in Acropora millepora and Acropora palmata. We found a number of interesting candidate genes, many of them potentially symbiosis-related.

The manuscript can be downloaded here:

http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0020392

To our knowledge this is one of the first studies that conduct a transcriptome-wide screen between related coral species.

Thanks and cheers,
Chris

--
Christian R. Voolstra