[Coral-List] Coral Animation

Sarah Frias-Torres sfrias_torres at hotmail.com
Fri May 27 11:51:12 EDT 2011

I'm looking for two different animations, and maybe someone at Coral-List knows where to find them.
1) coral settlementI saw once an animation showing a coral larvae arriving to the seafloor, then transforming into a polyp and starting to grow a coral colony. I think it was in a BBC documentary (maybe Blue Planet).
2) coral growingthere is an animation showing how a branching coral grows, I think it was part of a mathematical model and it was presented at a conference (maybe it was ICRS in Fort Lauderdale or AMLC in St. Thomas).
Does anyone know a Youtube link, or web page where I could find those animations?
Thanks

Sarah Frias-Torres, Ph.D. Schmidt Ocean Institute Postdoctoral FellowOcean Research & Conservation Association (ORCA) 1420 Seaway Drive, Fort Pierce, Florida 34949 USA Tel (772) 467-1600http://www.teamorca.orghttp://independent.academia.edu/SarahFriasTorres