[Coral-List] Aruba marine science center

Susan Hieter scubasuebh at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 29 07:13:33 EST 2011

Hello,

My name is Susan Hieter and I am currently teaching marine science on Guam in the Pacific at a private school. I am planning on opening a marine science center July 2012 on the island of Aruba in the Caribbean. I am still in the planning stages of this endeavor. The center will be working with a local dive shop, JADS dive center:http://www.jadsaruba.com/ . My plan is to offer the local school students and teachers a place to come to reinforce their science curriculum, to do teacher workshops/university courses for local teachers and international teachers and to provide certifications in coral watch, REEF, reefcheck and other diving courses for anyone. I am also interested in having a close relationship/connection with worldwide marine conservation organizations or other educational organizations.

I am looking to install and operate some saltwater aquariums and touch tanks. Is there any way you can give me some advice or ideas on how to install and/or operate them? I need to build some resources as in marine science books (English and Dutch), posters, samples, etc. If anyone has any other suggestions or wanting to help me with this endeavor, please don't hesitate to contact me. I am also looking for any donors or sponsors that would like to take on this endeavor with me. Thank you so much for your support.

Susan Hieter

JADS Dive Center
Attn: JP Fang and Susan Hieter
Seroe Colorado 245E