[Coral-List] Healthiest Caribbean reefs

Jim Hendee Jim.Hendee at noaa.gov
Sat Oct 22 12:40:14 EDT 2011

This reminds me of that old CIA line/joke, "I could tell you, but then
I'd have to kill you..." :D  Point being that some of these places are
so nice because nobody knows about them, or rarely is able to get to
them; so if you put it out on a documentary, everybody will love the
footage and be heartened to know that they exist, but then they might
queue up by the thousands and litter the place with plastic and beer
bottles, scour the reefs with their props, walk on them with their fins
& booties, over-fish them, ooze their sunblock all over them, put the
GPS coordinates on Google Earth, and/or have their underwater weddings
(with bloop-bloop sound!) broadcast live on the Internet.  Hmm, I guess
this sounds a bit negative...

However, I'll follow this up with a note to you personally.

    Cheers, Jim