[Coral-List] Sea Cucumber Literature Review

Jacques Idechong jidechong at picrc.org
Mon Oct 24 19:56:55 EDT 2011

Dear Fellow Listers,

Looking for information on Holothurians (commercially valuable species) and
was hoping for leads on papers looking at:

-Life history/growth rates
-Ecological roles/functions
-Effects of removal/overharvesting
-Fisheries management recommendations

Papers I have from a simple google search are from Uthicke (2004), Uthicke &
Conand (2005) and Wolkenhauer et al. (2010) Any other leads are appreciated.

In case you're curious, Palau is currently being targeted by Asian buyers of
beche-de-mer.  We're looking to provide local managers with information to
help them update existing laws and make recommendations on aquaculture
possibilities.

Regards,

Jack

Jacques Idechong
Researcher, Palau International Coral Reef Center
P.O. Box 7082  Koror, Palau 96940
680-488-6950
680-488-6951 (fax)