[Coral-List] Reef research needs

Douglas Fenner douglasfenner at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 26 03:02:39 EDT 2011

Someone sent me this story:

Many, many years ago I was on an island that has reefs, at some sort of reception. All
the beautiful people were there, politicians from the capitol-as well as
grad students working at the lab.

Big smooth politico surrounded
some young naive student: "Tell me, sweet thing, what brings a pretty
young lass like you to my island?"
"It's REALLY EXCITING! I am
working on the effect of the hotels, and do you know what? Around the
outfall of every hotel the coral is all dead!"

She was gone in 24 hrs. Pulled her visa.