[Coral-List] ICRS session on Watershed Management and Coral Reef Pollution

Greg Piniak greg.piniak at noaa.gov
Fri Sep 9 10:37:49 EDT 2011

Dear colleagues:
We would like to draw your attention to a meeting session on*Watershed
Management and Coral Reef Pollution* at the 12th International Coral
Reef Symposium, which will be held 9-13 July, 2012, in Cairns,
Queensland, Australia.  Please visit the conference website for more
information: http://www.icrs2012.com/Default.htm.
<http://www.agu.org/meetings/os06/>

*Aim and Scope of this Mini-Symposia, 21a:*
This session is devoted to our understanding of the source, transport
and effects of elevated sediment, nutrients, contaminants, and other
land-based pollution (LBP), including the physical controls of LBP,
physiological responses of reef taxa, management applications, and
interactions among stressors. Summaries of current investigations,
site-specific studies (be they point-sources or catchments like the
GBR), and modeling results are all encouraged.  We are also particularly
interested in lessons learned for reducing impacts and managing LBP, as
well as lessons learned in eutrophication monitoring and assessment of
temperate systems that can be applied to coral reef environments.

*Abstract Deadline: Saturday 1 October 2011 at 23:59 EDT*

Please submit your abstract to Mini-Symposia 21a via
http://www.icrs2012.com/AbstractSubmission.htm
<http://www.agu.org/meetings/os06/>.  If you know of anyone who might be
interested who might not receive this notice, please feel free to pass
it along.  We are very excited about this session, and look forward to
your participation.  If you have any questions, please feel free to
contact us.

We hope to see you in Cairns!
Jon Brodie, Kathy Chaston, Michelle Devlin, Rob Ferguson, Piers
Larcombe, Greg Piniak, Curt Storlazzi, Paul Sturm, and Josh Voss

Gregory Andrew Piniak, Ph.D.

Deputy Director
Chief, Research Coordination and Administrative Support Branch
NCCOS Center for Coastal Fisheries and Habitat Research
Beaufort, NC 28516 USA
greg.piniak at noaa.gov
(p) 252-838-0814   (f) 252-728-8784   (c) 252-646-5625
*The content and any attachment(s) in this email do not reflect
the opinions or policy of NOAA or DOC*