[Coral-List] reef pictures

Gerick Bergsma bergsma at lifesci.ucsb.edu
Fri Sep 9 19:36:16 EDT 2011

Hi Dave and Listers,

Seaweb's Marine Photobank is a wonderful resource that provides
marine-focused imagery that, with attribution, is free to use for
non-commercial purposes:

http://www.marinephotobank.org/

Go to the galleries link to start searching for images.  My only warning is
that their search engine is very literal, so you have to try lots of
combinations; I recommend searching for "coral disease", "dead coral", "dead
corals", "dead reef" and "dead reefs" to get you started for your needs.

They have a large database of images covering all aspects of ocean-related
environmental issues.  Anybody can also contribute photographs to the
database.  I've uploaded a number of photographs and have been surprised by
how regularly they are used.

Cheers,

Gerick Bergsma