[Coral-List] Coral Reef research needs

Steve Mussman sealab at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 30 09:41:40 EDT 2011

Julian,

   I realize that my perspective may not reflect a traditional interpretation  of "research needs" as they apply to the coral
sciences, but I would implore those involved to consider a
broader perspective.
 Perhaps connectivity in this context should be expanded beyond
the interdependence of various marine biomes to consider how best
to "connect" and facilitate the flow of basic information regarding
coral reefs to the public at large. Coral scientists have to take
some responsibility for the inefficacy of current campaigns in
communicating the significant nature of conditions presently
affecting reef systems around the world.

   Regards,
   Steve Mussman
   Sea Lab Diving