[Coral-List] Arno "elkhorns"

Dean Jacobson atolldino at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 4 22:42:38 EDT 2012

Listers:

A COTS-collection trip departs this afternoon (finally!) from Majuro with a dozen divers (almost all yachties) along with some Marshallese snorkelers.  I will install a long line monofilament, hanging-coral culture line, and try to salvage any living fragments of tissue, then we will all do two low tide night dives in a small, focused area north of the Arno Arno dock.   Candice Guavis of MIMRA (Fisheries agency) did much of the organization.  Wish us luck!  Results will follow shortly.

PS  A rumor I heard today is there is a "30% chance" of a lawsuit involving FAA over the RSA project.  Does anyone know anything about this? I have still had no recent replies from Ron Simpson, US Embassy, nor anyone else "in charge".
Cheers,
Dean Jacobson