[Coral-List] unidentified fish

Les Kaufman lesk at bu.edu
Thu Apr 26 12:22:14 EDT 2012

Dear Alice,

My wild guess is that it is a transition juvenile ("post-larval") scalloped ribbonfish, Zu cristatus, though for the life of me I've never seen one alive.  What an extraordinary, magnificent animal, and what a great place to see it!  Everything else there is pretty weird, too.

I recommend this be looked at more closely by an expert on lampriform fishes.

Les

Message: 6