[Coral-List] Corals not dead yet RE: Reef article in Utne Magazine

Sarah Frias-Torres sfrias_torres at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 6 12:57:32 EDT 2012

Dear Coral List
i've been following with interest the many posts at Coral-List responding to Bradbury's article,  and explaining in several ways that there's still hope for the survival of coral reefs, as long as we take immediate action..
This is a very serious issue, indeed, but I couldn't help a flashback to one of Monty Python's masterpiece, the Holy Grail.
I know it's dark humor, but if the coral reefs could talk, that's what they would say: "I'm not dead... I"m getting better"
We know what must be done so coral reefs can get better. Now, we just have to do it.
Here's a Monty Python refresher:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grbSQ6O6kbs

Sarah Frias-Torres, Ph.D. Schmidt Ocean Institute Postdoctoral FellowOcean Research & Conservation Association (ORCA) 1420 Seaway Drive, Fort Pierce, Florida 34949 USA Tel (772) 467-1600http://www.teamorca.orghttp://independent.academia.edu/SarahFriasTorres