[Coral-List] working uw digital camera advice
allison.billiam at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 09:32:28 EDT 2012
I'm looking for advice about a simple, compact digital camera and housing
for day to day work surveying reef?
- fit in bcd pocket
- built in flash good for macro to .75 m or a bit more in clear water.
- simple controls preferably with auto-macro detect
- 10 - 12 megapixel photos
- immediate shutter response (I have enough fish tail shots)
- rapid processing to memory
- 2 - 3 hr battery life
- HD video
- 16 or 32 Gig memory (for vid)
I suspect one of the smaller Canons or Sonys will do the job - but if so,
"... the earth is, always has been, and always will be more beautiful than
it is useful."
William Ophuls, 1977. The Politics of Scarcity
More information about the Coral-List