[Coral-List] Alga densities and bleaching

Eesat Atikkan atikkanuwn at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 1 18:12:57 EST 2012

Though the Fe-growth relationship is an attractive hypothesis, shipwrecks in particular, consist of a range of metals.  Anyone of those, individually or synergistacally, could be a potential growth factor.

In general wrecks tend to appear to support less coral growth.  That may be due to depth, though 'fluorescent orange' stage Monastrea cavernosa colonies do recruit to wrecks in the 70 ft range.

Esat