[Coral-List] Tips for capturing lionfish using nets

Holden Harris holden.earl.harris at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 16:30:28 EST 2012

Dear Coral List,

I am beginning work to study the efficacy of controlling invasive lionfish
around the island of South Caicos, Turks and Caicos Islands.  Spearing is
prohibited in the TCI so I plan to use nets.

If you have experience netting lionfish I'd like to hear what kind of nets
have been most effective?  Which gloves you use?  How you transfer fish
underwater from net to storage bag?  And any tips you have for catching
them.

Thank you,
Holden

--