[Coral-List] Aquaculture is the way

David M. Lawrence dave at fuzzo.com
Thu Dec 13 13:31:28 EST 2012

I would love to see the argument that regulationis ineffectivesubmitted
to rigorous, honest, and dispassionate historical analysis by its
advocates prior to their (often) thoughtless expressions of it.  No law
or regulation entirely eliminates a specific problem, but many -- and
possibly most -- do improve the phenomena they address.

As it stands, Skrapits' argument here can stand only by cherrypicking
examples or by setting impossible endpoints such as complete eradication
of a problem as if it were a single-host virus whose transmission can be
prevented by vaccination.

We have laws against murder, for example, but have not eliminated the
problem.  Nevertheless, if there were no laws against it, I suspect the
world would be a much more frightening and lethal place.

Dave