[Coral-List] Aquaculture is the way

Matt Bjornson mbjornson at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 11:12:36 EST 2012

Don,

Classic marketing problem - selling a higher priced, premium product. First, you can't compete on price. period. end of story.  Second, you need to figure out what you can compete on better than wild collected. Frankly, this is where aquacultured specimens really shine and the premium price is well deserved and in the end, cheaper for the consumer.

Needless to say, there are other aquaculture facilities that have shown success. One of the bigger ones that focus on corals, fish, clams, etc that comes to mind is ORA Farms.

Not knowing the particulars of your facilities and setup I can not be specific. Ping me off the list if you are interested in talking more.

I hope this does not come off as rude (not my intention)… you don't have a regulation/legislation issue, you have a marketing issue.

Thanks,

Matt