[Coral-List] Listing Criteria Observation

Eugene Shinn eshinn at marine.usf.edu
Thu Dec 20 12:48:01 EST 2012

Doug, It is a little different in the Keys Marine Protected areas. I
have been seeing more of them than when I started diving in 1950.
They are excellent sites for the establishment of black band disease.
Would make an interesting study for someone frequently on the water.
Would also add effects of piles of Parrot fish poop that remain for
hours when the water is calm. Their poop like most fish poop contains
Serratia marcescens. Gene
--

No Rocks, No Water, No Ecosystem (EAS)
E. A. Shinn, Courtesy Professor