[Coral-List] DONT BE TOO MUCH OF A SCIENTIST

Steve Mussman sealab at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 8 09:52:54 EST 2012

I don't believe that I've ever seen a post on Coral-List
that was more transparently political. Why does support
for the international scientific consensus relating to
climate change have to be equated with anti-Americanism?

Countless studies have concluded that solar irradiance plays
a minor role when compared to forcings that are human-made
and everyone knows the effects of the ENSO. Claiming that
temperatures peaked in 1998 is not accurate in that it reflects
only short-term variability within the long term climate trend.

for not being relevant to corals, a perspective I never understood.
The one I question here doesn't relate to reality and challenges
both the credibility of established scientific opinion and more
improperly, one's patriotic fervor.

Respectfully,
  Steve