[Coral-List] Objective Science?

Steve Mussman sealab at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 9 09:27:34 EST 2012

The good news is that peer-reviewed studies relating to
corals published in accredited scientific journals is
exactly what needs to be focused on when examining the
issue of climate change and its impact on reef ecology.
We should all be open to new, credible information
regardless of whether it reinforces or contradicts an
established predisposition.

There are many aspects of the current climate regime that
create uncertainties for those of us concerned with the future
of marine ecosystems. Rest assured that there is no resistance
to the consideration of the science in the study referenced.
Only a reminder that it is the science that should be evaluated,
not the politics.

I might point out that one of the sites recommended for further
information regarding that study (www.australianclimatemadness.com)
is clearly interested in more than pure scientific concerns.

None of us should be asking for more than to allow real and
unaffected science to decidedly rule the day.

  Steve