[Coral-List] Ocean acidification denial moneywagon

Douglas Fenner douglasfenner at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 15 04:03:30 EST 2012

My impression is that the vast majority of coral reef research has been done without any agenda, other than the desire to be the first to discover something important.  The statement that we can't study coral reefs without an agenda is clearly false.  Some is clearly done with conservation of coral reefs in mind.  But then the data showing reefs going down the tube are pretty unequivocal by now, and an agenda to try to save reefs is not a bad thing in my view.  Too bad so many people get their "science" reading political websites with climate change denial agendas, financed by the fossil fuel industry.   Doug