[Coral-List] Request for PDF

Alan E. Davis lngndvs at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 14:29:18 EST 2012

Is it possible that someone has a copy of the following paper?   I had a
copy at one time; it's fallen along the wayside.   In this paper, Duerden
discussed the problems he had observing Millepora sp. with polyps in an
expanded condition.   I had a similar experience, having observed one
expanded gastrozoid over a period of more than 1-1/2 years of collecting.
Moseley on the Challenger Expedition remarked that  only on one occasion
did John Murray succeed in obtaining a specimen with open polyps.

Duerden describes a method of doing so.

   <Select%20reference%2013>

JE Duerden. Zoophyte Collecting in Bluefields Bay. J. Inst. Jamaica 2,
619--624 (1899).

Thank you,

Alan Davis
lngndvs at gmail.com