[Coral-List] The future of coral reefs

John Ware jware at erols.com
Tue Jul 24 13:02:25 EDT 2012

Dear List,

I watched the TV program suggested by Terry H and waited for somebody to
say that coral reefs were sinks of CO2.  Sure enough, about 10 minutes
in, the moderator, Robyn Williams, said just that.  Now the other
participants quickly changed the subject to seagrass beds as sinks of
CO2, but nobody corrected the initial statement.

I thought we had put that bit of folklore to bed a long time ago.

Johon

    *                      John R. Ware, PhD                    *
    *                         President                         *
    *                      SeaServices, Inc.                    *
    *                     302 N. Mule Deer Pt.                  *
    *                    Payson, AZ 85541, USA                  *
    *                       928 478-6358                        *
    *                      jware at erols.com                      *
    *                 http://www.seaservices.org                *
    *                   Member of the Council:                  *
    *            International Society for Reef Studies         *
    *                                          _                *
    *                                         |                 *
    *   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ *
    *     |\/__       Untainted by Technology            \      *

If you are a coral-reef scientist and you are not a member
of the International Society for Reef Studies, then
shame on you.
Become a member of the International Society for Reef Studies
http://www.coralreefs.org