[Coral-List] Submission: Science & Democracy Cartoons

Alexander Renaud alexrenaud09 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 12:34:30 EDT 2012

Dear friends of coral-list,

I wanted folks to know about a a great science cartoon contest going on at
the Union of Concerned Scientists at www.ucsusa.org/cartooncontest . The
contest focuses on the relationships between science and democracy and
offers significant prizes . Cases like the NC bill to downplay sea-level
rise science show how critical it is for us to illustrate the importance of
the relationship between science and democracy when it comes to our oceans
and coasts. And what better way to do this than cartoons!

In addition to submitting cartoons yourselves (it would be great if we
could get some ocean themed ones in this year), we'd love if any one could
help us spread the word with a message similar to the one below.

"Like Science? Like Democracy? Like legitimate prizes? Check out the 2012
UCS Science and Democracy Cartoon Contest, and win big!
www.ucsusa.org/cartooncontest . Entries are due July 1 so help us spread
the word!"

Thanks!

Alex