[Coral-List] 82 Corals Status Review under the US Endangered Species Act

Douglas Fenner douglasfenner at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 18 00:23:35 EDT 2012

I would like to add that the main report ("Status review report") has a large, very comprehensive, and very intensive section at the beginning discussing what coral reefs are, corals are, and what the many threats to corals and coral reefs are, in great detail.  This section contains a huge amount of information, I dare say anyone who reads it will learn something, and most of us will learn a lot, I know I have already.  It also includes a large number of references, so it is an excellent introduction to these topics.  It will also be very useful as a reference where you can look up things later.  I highly recommend it for everyone, whether you are interested in whether these corals are endangered, or not interested.  The latter part of the document goes through each species one at a time.  I would also like to congratulate the authors and reviewers for an amazing job.  It is available free, open-access.
      Cheers,  Doug